How to make an Application
The Authority welcomes applicants to seek pre-application advice before submitting a planning application. Please see the Pre-Application Advice page.
If you wish to make a planning application you can:
Download an Application Form
The Application forms are divided into different categories:
- Householder Application
- Full Planning Application
- Listed Buildings & Conservation Areas Application
- Agriculture and Forestry Application
- Outline Proposals & Reserved Matters
- Trees & Hedgerows
- Certificates of Lawful Use
- Variation of Conditions & Non Material Amendments
Whichever means you wish to submit your application, please can we reinforce the need to check and submit the details required on the validation check list and the details needed in the Design and Access Statement.
Householder Application is for consent to make any alterations to an existing dwelling, on or within it's boundary.
- Extension to an existing dwelling including porches and conservatories
- Erection of a structure within the boundary of an existing dwelling, eg. garage, garden shed
- Alteration to a boundary wall
Full planning application is for consent to build new buildings, change of use of an existing building, or any alterations to an existing flat, buildings that are divided into flats, or to erect or display a sign, fascia sign, notice or advertisement.
- New buildings
- Any alterations to a flat
- Any alterations to a building that has been divided into flats
- Any matters regarding the change of use of an existing building
These forms are for applicants who wish to seek consent for any work or alterations to a listed building.
- Extension to a listed building, including porches and conservatories
- Erection of a structure within the boundary of a listed building eg. garage, garden shed
- Alteration to the interior of a listed building
- Alteration to a boundary wall of a listed building
Use these forms to make prior notification of work regarding any construction or alterations to an agricultural or forestry holding.
- Construction of an agricultural building
- Construction of a slurry pit
- Construction of a track or road
Use these forms to get initial outline approval for a planning application and approval for all reserved matters.
- Erection of a new dwelling
- Erection of a other types of new buildings, eg. schools
Use these form if you wish to erect or display a sign, fascia sign, notice or advertisement.
- Shop fascia sign
- Road side advertising sign
Use these forms works to trees subject to a preservation order (TPO) and/or notification of proposed works to trees in conservation areas, and also the removal of a hedgerow.
- Application for hedgerow removal
- Any works to a tree that has a (TPO)
- Any works to a tree that is within a conservation area
Certificates of Lawful Use forms are used to obtain approval to lawfully continue the use of buildings or land for a specific use.
- Use of land for siting caravan/s
- Change of use, eg. conversion of an outbuilding to a dwelling
Variation of Conditions & Non Material Amendments forms are used to make any amendments to an existing condition, or make an amendment to a planning permission.
- Change a materials condition, eg. type of stone fascia
- Changing the position or number of windows etc. in an permission
- Altering any time restrictions, eg. opening hours
We will treat all information provided in confidence and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. It will be used for the purpose of processing your application and some of the information you provide will form part of a Public Register which we are required to publish by law. We will publish an edited version of your planning application and attached documents on our website. We will not publish on our website personal signatures, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.