Snowdon - 28 February 2018, 13.30pm
Area - SnowdonDate - 28 February 2018
Time - 13.30pm
Snow Above - All levels
Report By - Snowdon Warden
- Streams and wet areas are frozen.
- Heavy frost cover on rocks and vegitation.
- Depth of snow increases with altitude.
- Snow drifts in areas.
- Paths difficult to follow.
- Slopes and paths paths covered in hard snow and ice.
- Major paths obscured making navigation difficult.
- Soft, unconsolidated snow lying on top of hard, old snow/ice making conditions hazardous
The following is a list of additional kit required based on the current conditions.
- Ice axe and crampons essential.
- Wear crampon compatible boots.
- Walking poles for unconsolidated snow.
- Ski goggles for strong winds and blowing snow.
- Take waterproofs, hat, gloves and spare warm layers.