Snowdon - 3 March 2018, 11.30am
Area - SnowdonDate - 3 March 2018
Time - 11.30am
Snow Above - All levels, but especially above 750m
Report By - Snowdon Warden
- Streams and wet areas are frozen.
- Depth of snow increases with altitude.
- Snow drifts in areas.
- Paths difficult to follow.
- Slopes and paths paths covered in hard snow and ice.
- Llanberis Path not easy at present, not safe without crampons and axe
The following is a list of additional kit required based on the current conditions.
- Ice axe and crampons essential.
- Wear crampon compatible boots.
- Wear sturdy walking boots.
- Walking poles for unconsolidated snow.
- Ski goggles for strong winds and blowing snow.
- Take waterproofs, hat, gloves and spare warm layers.