Snowdon - 7 March 2018, 0.00am
Area - SnowdonDate - 7 March 2018
Time - 0.00am
Snow Above - 600m
Report By - Warden Wyddfa
- Isolated stretches of snow.
- Streams and wet areas are frozen.
- Wet surfaces are coated in ice.
- Heavy frost cover on rocks and vegitation.
- Depth of snow increases with altitude.
- Snow drifts in areas.
The following is a list of additional kit required based on the current conditions.
- Ice axe and crampons recommended.
- Wear crampon compatible boots.
- Walking poles for unconsolidated snow.
- Ski goggles for strong winds and blowing snow.
- Take waterproofs, hat, gloves and spare warm layers.