Warden Yr Wyddfa
Snowdon - 21 February 2018, 13.00pm
Area - SnowdonDate - 21 February 2018
Time - 13.00pm
Snow Above - 700m
Report By - Warden Yr Wyddfa
PyG and Miners
- Isolated stretches of snow.
- Streams and wet areas are frozen.
- Thawing snow has frozen.
- Depth of snow increases with altitude.
- Snow drifts in areas.
The following is a list of additional kit required based on the current conditions.
- Ice axe and crampons essential.
- Wear crampon compatible boots.
- Walking poles for unconsolidated snow.
- Take waterproofs, hat, gloves and spare warm layers.