Snowdon - 4 February 2019, 13.00pm
Area - SnowdonDate - 4 February 2019
Time - 13.00pm
Snow Above - 500 metres
Report By - Snowdon Warden
- Depth of snow increases with altitude.
- Snow drifts in areas.
- Paths difficult to follow.
- Slopes and paths paths covered in hard snow and ice.
- Major paths obscured making navigation difficult.
- Still lots of snow on the PYG track with ice covering the path at higher levels also.
The following is a list of additional kit required based on the current conditions.
- Ice axe and crampons essential.
- Wear crampon compatible boots.
- Take waterproofs, hat, gloves and spare warm layers.
- Ice axe and crampons currently essential for the upper parts of the PYG track.