Snowdon - 8 February 2019, 14.00pm
Area - SnowdonDate - 8 February 2019
Time - 14.00pm
Snow Above - 750 metres
Report By - Snowdon Warden
- Isolated patches of snow.
- Isolated stretches of snow.
- Depth of snow increases with altitude.
- Snow drifts in areas.
- Rivers and streams in spate with lots of water on paths.
The following is a list of additional kit required based on the current conditions.
- Recommended to carry ice axe and crampons.
- Wear sturdy walking boots.
- Walking poles for unconsolidated snow.
- Ski goggles for strong winds and blowing snow.
- Take waterproofs, hat, gloves and spare warm layers.
Still lots of snow on the upper parts of Snowdon that cover areas of the main paths.