Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
In light of the current situation with Covid-19 and in line with government guidelines, we have made adaptations to our services. Our priority in these difficult times is the health of our staff and volunteers and looking after the communities and business in and around the National Park.
- There is currently no public access to the following mountain areas:
- Yr Wyddfa (Snowdon)
- Cader Idris
- 'Ogwen' - Y Garn, Glyderau, Tryfan and Cwm Idwal
- Aran Benllyn and Aran Fawddwy
- Our Information Centres (Betws y Coed, Beddgelert and Aberdyfi) are closed until further notice. We have set up a remote enquiry system – the public can contact 01690 710 426 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with visitor enquiries for all areas.
- Plas Tan y Bwlch, the Authority’s Study Centre is closed until further notice. Our staff will be in touch with all who were due to attend a course at Plas over the coming months.
- All our car parks have closed, we encourage the public to follow the government’s advice. All Warden Centres will be closed to the public. Any enquiries can be made to the relevant Warden Centre – Pen y Pass: 01286 872 555, Llyn Tegid: 01678 520 626, Betws y Coed: 01690 710 022, Dolgellau 01341 422 878 or by emailing email@example.com
- Yr Ysgwrn will be closed until further notice, and all scheduled events for the foreseeable future are cancelled. If you have any enquiries you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01766 772 534.
- Our Wardens will remain at work but will have limited social contact. Their main focus will be reacting to any issues relating to visitor management (e.g. parking, litter etc) and managing contractors. We are also working with other agencies to look at options of how we can deploy our Wardens Service to help local communities.
- All scheduled events and volunteer activities are cancelled until further notice.
- All Authority meetings are cancelled until further notice. This includes the Planning and Access Committee.
- Our Planning Service is still operating but at a reduced capacity. We’re endeavouring to ensure that all planning applications and pre-application enquiries are being processed. Inevitably, there will be some delay.
- Our head-office is closed to the public. The office will have staff in to deal with telephone and email enquiries, invoices and postal correspondence. All head-office staff will be working from home and can be contacted through their usual email and work phones. Please be mindful that some staff may be self-isolating and have families at home therefore there may be a delay in response.
- All staff have been instructed not to attend any ‘in person’ meetings and to only attend meetings via Skype and over the phone, but some officers may undertake some site visits.
- No face to face public consultations will take place. We are looking at all alternative options at present and will release details as soon as possible.
Where possible we are looking to continue contracted service and projects in order to support local businesses and the economy. If you have any general questions please contact email@example.com .