Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Corona virus update (30/03): In light of the current situation with Covid-19 and in line with government guidelines, we are in the process of making adaptations to our services. Our priority in these difficult times is the health of our staff and volunteers and looking after the communities and business in and around the National Park.
The current picture on 30.03.20 is as follows, however the situation is evolving rapidly:
- We are closing the busiest mountains in Snowdonia, and there will be no access to these mountains until further notice, this includes
- Yr Wyddfa (Snowdon)
- Cader Idris
- 'Ogwen' - Y Garn, Glyderau, Tryfan and Cwm Idwal
- Aran Benllyn and Aran Fawddwy
- In co-operation with the police and local authorities the SNPA has closed all its main car parks. There will be no parking available for access to the most popular sites in Snowdonia including Snowdon, Ogwen, Cadair Idris, Llyn Tegid (Bala Lake), the two Aran, Carneddau and Glyderau and the Nantlle Ridge.
- Our Information Centres (Betws y Coed, Beddgelert and Aberdyfi) are closed until further notice. We have set up a remote enquiry system – the public can contact 01766 890615 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with visitor enquiries for all areas.
- Plas Tan y Bwlch, the Authority’s Study Centre is closed until further notice. Our staff will be in touch with all who were due to attend a course at Plas over the coming months.
- All Warden Centres will be closed to the public. Any enquiries can be made to the relevant Warden Centre – Pen y Pass: 01286 872 555, Llyn Tegid: 01678 520 626, Betws y Coed: 01690 710 022, Dolgellau 01341 422 878 or by emailing email@example.com
- Yr Ysgwrn will be closed until further notice, and all scheduled events for the foreseeable future are cancelled. If you have any enquiries you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01766 772 534.
- Our Wardens will remain at work but will have limited social contact. Their main focus will be reacting to any issues relating to visitor management (e.g. parking, litter etc) and managing contractors. We are also working with other agencies to look at options of how we can deploy our Wardens Service to help local communities.
- All scheduled events and volunteer activities are cancelled until further notice.
- All Authority meetings are cancelled until further notice. This includes the Planning and Access Committee.
- Our Planning Service is still operating but at a reduced capacity. We’re endeavouring to ensure all planning applications and pre-application enquiries are being processed. However whilst Officers are unable to carry out any site visits (to be reviewed at Easter), there will be a delay in processing recently submitted planning applications.
- Our head-office is closed. All head-office staff will be working from home and can be contacted through their usual email and work phones. Please be mindful that some staff may be self-isolating and have families at home therefore there may be a delay in response. The reception phone line will not be open, but it will be possible to leave a voicemail message for any urgent matters. Any general enquiries should be e-mailed to email@example.com
- All staff have been instructed not to attend any ‘in person’ meetings and to only attend meetings via Skype and over the phone.
- No face to face public consultations will take place, but some officers may undertake some site visits. We are looking at all alternative options at present and will release details as soon as possible.
Where possible we are looking to continue contracted service and projects in order to support local businesses and the economy. If you have any general questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .