Seeing Stars Snowdonia Photography Competition 2016 – 2017
An Interpretation of Snowdonia by Night
- Printed or digital images are accepted.
- Black and white or colour images are accepted.
- Slides are not accepted.
- Digital images are accepted on CD or DVD.
- Printed images should include your name on the back of the image (on a label and not directly on the back of the print).
- If you submit printed images, you should include a CD or DVD with a copy of the image saved on a 300dpi TIFF file.
- The name of the author should be noted on the CD / DVD.
- An official entry form should be used for the competition.
- The entry can include up to, but not exceeding three (3) images.
- Only entries with am appropriately sized, stamped, self addressed envelope will be returned to entrants.
- Each image has to reflect the main theme of the competition. This can include, for example, the nocturnal wildlife of Snowdonia, landscapes or landmarks of Snowdonia by night, or recreational activities being undertaken during darkness.
- Only images taken within the boundaries of Snowdonia National Park are accepted in this competition. Consequently, each entry should include a six figure grid reference of where the image was taken.
- Entrants are permitted to submit a maximum of three (3) images.
- Images are permitted to be colour or black and white.
- Digital Images should be saved as a 300dpi TIFF, to be used for printing up to A3 size (297mm x 420mm).
- Each print should be mounted.
- Printed images should not be any smaller than 300mm x 220mm and no larger than 500mm x 400mm measured with the mount.
- Images of sculptured, statues and art work are accepted on the condition that they don’t infringe the copyright of any other person.
- Images should be original work by the entrant. By competing, entrants testify that images are their own work, that images do not infringe the copyright, moral rights, privacy and publicity rights or intellectual right of any other person and that no other person has any right to the image.
- Snowdonia National Park Authority reserves the right to keep images on file and to use them. The National Park Authority will pay for any images used according to our usual rates.
- Snowdonia National Park Authority reserves the right to use winning images and short-listed images free of charge in any material which promotes the results of the competition.
- Every care is taken with entries but Snowdonia National Park Authority does not accept responsibility for any damage to entries, however caused, and does not accept responsibility for any entries that don’t arrive by the closing date or entries that are incomplete.
- This competition is not open to staff of Snowdonia National Park Authority or their immediate families.
Northern Lights over Trawsfynydd (© Keith O'Brien)
1st: £350.00 voucher for Cambrian Photography, Colwyn Bay
2nd: £150.00 voucher for Cambrian Photography, Colwyn Bay
3rd: £100.00 voucher for Cambrian Photography, Colwyn Bay
Young People's Category
(Age 17 and under)
1st: £100.00 voucher for Cambrian Photography, Colwyn Bay
2nd: £50.00 voucher for Cambrian Photography, Colwyn Bay
3rd: £50.00 voucher for Cambrian Photography, Colwyn Bay
The competition has now closed.