Travel and Transport
Travelling to and around Eryri
If you are looking for a more sustainable and relaxed travel experience than the car then why not take advantage of our public transport system, cycle routes and walking paths.
There are some great benefits to using a more sustainable form of transport such as local transport for example; reducing carbon footprint and therefore reducing our effect on global warming and climate change. It can also be a chance to enhance the experience of your visit by enabling you to relax and enjoy the views without the added stress of traffic and parking. It can also be a great way to become more immersed within the local community and environment.
Snowdon Sherpa (© Gwynfor Coaches)
How to plan your travel?
- A Park & Ride system operates in the Yr Wyddfa (Snowdon) and Ogwen areas, with seasonal pre-booking available for parking at Pen y Pass.
- The Snowdon Sherpa shuttles around the base of Yr Wyddfa connecting all six main footpaths and surrounding villages. If you have travelled to Eryri by car, then why not park up and use the bus for the remaining duration of your trip to travel around Eryri.
- Train links to locations nearby and within Eryri; Bangor, Betws-Y-Coed, Llanrwst, Conwy, and Llandudno junction, Porthmadog and Blaenau Ffestiniog. You can also make use of the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highlands Railways for a more unique travel experience through parts of Eryri.
- Following your arrival at the train station you can make use of the local bus services to take you to your desired location. (Local bus services include Traws Cymru-Lloyds Coaches, Llew Jones, Arriva Bus Wales, Gwynfor Coaches)
- Cycling is another great way to travel around Eryri, with many exiting cycle routes to make the most of whilst visiting the area. There are also many local bike hires facilities, so don’t worry if you don’t have access to a bike!
- Car share. If you do wish to travel to and around Eryri by car and are planning to visit with others, then why not all arrive in one car instead of separate vehicles, it will save you on fuel and parking costs as well as reducing your carbon footprint.
Find your way around Snowdonia using our interactive travel map.