Snowdon - 24 February 2018, 11.30am
Area - SnowdonDate - 24 February 2018
Time - 11.30am
Snow Above - 750m
Report By - Snowdon Warden
PyG Track, top of Llanberis Path also visited
- Streams and wet areas are frozen.
- Wet surfaces are coated in ice.
- Depth of snow increases with altitude.
- Slopes and paths paths covered in hard snow and ice.
- Llanberis Path not easy at present, not safe without crampons and axe
The following is a list of additional kit required based on the current conditions.
- Ice axe and crampons essential.
- Wear crampon compatible boots.
- Wear sturdy walking boots.
- Take waterproofs, hat, gloves and spare warm layers.