Snowdon - 18 January 2019, 11.00am
Area - SnowdonDate - 18 January 2019
Time - 11.00am
Snow Above - 400 metres
Report By - Snowdon Warden
PYG and Miners track
- Heavy frost cover on rocks and vegitation.
- Depth of snow increases with altitude.
- Snow drifts in areas.
- Paths difficult to follow.
- Major paths obscured making navigation difficult.
- Ice lying under fresh snow along paths from lower levels up.
The following is a list of additional kit required based on the current conditions.
- Ice axe and crampons essential.
- Wear crampon compatible boots.
- Ski goggles for strong winds and blowing snow.
- Take waterproofs, hat, gloves and spare warm layers.
- Ice axe, crampons and knowledge of how to use them essential. Good map reading skills essential.
Challenging conditions to navigate in. Paths difficult to follow.