Snowdon - 21 January 2019, 11.00am
Area - SnowdonDate - 21 January 2019
Time - 11.00am
Snow Above - 500 metres
Report By - Snowdon Warden
- Wet surfaces are coated in ice.
- Thawing snow has frozen.
- Snow drifts in areas.
- Paths difficult to follow.
- Slopes and paths paths covered in hard snow and ice.
- Major paths obscured making navigation difficult.
- Wet areas on paths have frozen from lower levels up.
The following is a list of additional kit required based on the current conditions.
- Ice axe and crampons essential.
- Wear crampon compatible boots.
- Ski goggles for strong winds and blowing snow.
- Take waterproofs, hat, gloves and spare warm layers.
Upper areas of the Miner's track are covered in ice and re frozen snow.