Snowdon - 11 February 2019, 11.00am
Area - SnowdonDate - 11 February 2019
Time - 11.00am
Snow Above - 600 metres
Report By - Snowdon Warden
- Isolated stretches of snow.
- Heavy frost cover on rocks and vegitation.
- Depth of snow increases with altitude.
- Snow drifts in areas.
- Paths difficult to follow.
- Major paths obscured making navigation difficult.
- Fresh snow has fallen on higher ground.
The following is a list of additional kit required based on the current conditions.
- Ice axe and crampons essential.
- Wear crampon compatible boots.
- Take waterproofs, hat, gloves and spare warm layers.
- Winter boots, ice axe and crampons currently essential for walking the higher parts of the mountain / paths safely.
Snow and ice present on the summit area.